Monday, August 27, 2012

Inspiring Science joins Collective Marvelling

I'm very pleased to be the newest member of Collective Marvelling! I launched my blog, Inspiring Science, earlier this year in an effort to bring together my two main interests, science and writing, and to share with laypersons some of the wonder and beauty of science. The blog is primarily about biology, though I occasionally stray into other topics. Inspiring Science doesn't only cover peer-reviewed research, but also other topics that I think might be interesting, including older research and explanations of what might be considered “basic science”. My goal is to communicate scientific ideas to a wide audience in a way that is enlightening, engaging or even inspirational.

From now on, I'll cross-post snippets on CM so you can keep track of Inspiring Science.  In the meantime, go ahead and check out the stuff I've already posted, like how plant RNA can regulate genes in your liver; and five common myths about biology.