Tuesday, April 9, 2013

The Trenches of Discovery: The universe as seen by Planck - Days Three and Fo...

Sorry for the delay on this. I was pretty tired on Friday, travelling home on Saturday and doing physics on Sunday. I figured it would be better to write something with a little more care today.

Those who were following last week will know that on March 21 ESA finally released some cosmological results from the measurements they were taking with the Planck satellite. And, last week, they had their first scientific conference. I decided to blog about this. I had the initial ambition of one post for each day, but the conference dinner on Thursday beat me and all I got out was a brief teaser post. This post now will be comprised of a summary of what I found interesting on both Thursday and Friday, along with a summary of the whole conference at the end.

I hope you enjoy it (and thanks for the feedback during the week).

Highlights
  • What has Planck told us about inflation?
  • What should we make of Planck vs SPT and Planck vs the local universe?
  • What is next for CMB science?
Read the rest at---> The Trenches of Discovery